Who Can Help Me If I Feel I Was Discriminated Against?

The Fair Housing Act protects people from discrimination when they are renting or buying a home, seeking a mortgage or looking for other housing assistance. Violations of the Fair Housing Act are against the law. If you or someone you know feel that you have been discriminated against, please report it immediately.

MFA’s Fair Housing Officer

Contact MFA’s Fair Housing Officer here. The officer will be happy to assist you with your complaint.

For more information or to file a complaint, contact:

Office of Program Compliance and Disability Rights
Office of Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
451 7th Street, S.W. , Room 5242, Washington, D.C. 20410
www.hud.gov/fairhousing (800) 669-9777 (voice) (800) 927-9275 (TTY)

Complaints may be filed online, in English and Spanish at:


Enforcement in New Mexico:

New Mexico Human Rights Bureau
1596 Pacheco St., Suite103, Santa Fe, NM 87505
1-800-566-9471 (toll-free in New Mexico) or 505-827-6838